Dead Rabbit Atomizers have been producing high-quality rebuildable tank atomizers for a long time. They provide a diverse range of RTA and RDAs with Hellvape and Heathen collaboration. This allows them to create a rebuildable tank atomizer with a following of sturdy design and unique features that have contributed to their huge success.
RDAs, tanks, and RTAs in the past few years have had some pretty complex builds. The Dead Rabbit RTA and Dead Rabbit V2 RTA are the easiest to build and have an amazing coil to produce quality flavours.
- Dead Rabbit RTA Review
- Included Accessories in the Box
- Pros and Cons of Dead Rabbit (RTA)
- Differences between Dead Rabbit V2 RTA and Dead Rabbit RTA
- Rabbit Ear Deck for Improved Coil Handling
- Improved Top Airflow Design
- Thermal Insulation for Heat Reduction
- Top E-liquid Filling Mechanism
- Specs of Dead Rabbit V2 RTA
- Included Accessories in the Box
- Pros and Cons of Dead Rabbit V2 RTA
- Final Verdict
Dead Rabbit RTA Review
Rebuildable atomizers are some of the most popular vaping accessories on the market. Many fans appreciated Hellvape and Heathen’s original Dead Rabbit RDA clean appearance and quiet performance. The new Dead Rabbit RTA is somewhat compatible with both single and dual coil configurations and comes with two 810 drip tips made of metal and resin.
It comes in a 25mm diameter that is now standard in RDAs and vape tanks, but its dual coils have exceptional flavours when combined with a high wattage mod. It’s something I’ve seen before in the FreeMax Mesh Pro 2 tank, which can be outfitted with up to four mesh coils for distinct flavours and clouds.
The Dead Rabbit RTA comes with two glass sections: a standard glass section with 2ml capacity and a larger capacity 4.5ml bubble glass section to keep your e-juice for the long run. Obviously, you can choose the standard glass for TPD vaping.
Refill is straight through the top cap, which has the same knurling as the RDA and twists off to fill. You can easily remove the cap and fill the juice with a dropper using the two large fill ports. When you’re finished, replace the top cap tightly so it doesn’t fall out of your pocket. Nice.
The deck is built with four posts that are shaped like rabbit ears, an intriguing hush. It makes it easier to adjust your coils and keeps them secure from the side. Like the previous Rabbit RDA, the new Rabbit RTA has large wicking holes for a variety of wicks, but as usual most of us have cotton wicks to soak the e-liquid.
For everyday use, it serves as a go-through tank for some quality time in the afternoon. Enjoy it at your favourite hangout spot. I must say that Hellvape and Heathen did not skimp on RTA quality.
- Standard Capacity TDP: 2ml Standard Tank Capacity
- Large Glass Section: 4.5ml Bubble Glass Tank Capacity
- Deck: Top Terminal Four Post Build Deck
- Airflow: Top Angled Adjustable Airflow
- Dip Tip: 8mm Wide Bore 810 Resin Drip Tip
Included Accessories in the Box
- One Dead Rabbit RTA
- Standard Glass
- One Bubble Glass
- Two 810 Drip Tip (One is 10mm Wide Bore Resin Drip Tip)
- 510 SS Drip Tip Adapter
- Spare Parts Bag with hex screws and others.
- Instructional Manual
- Dead Rabbit Sticker.
Pros and Cons of Dead Rabbit (RTA)
- Leak Proof Top-Fill design.
- Easy to build RTA.
- Decent Flavour and Clouds with easy wicking.
- Convenient Rabbit Ear Style Deck.
- Can equip up to 4.5ml e-liquid.
- Supported Single and Dual coil deck.
- Top airflow is not very essential.
- Separate Bubble glass for extended tank capacity.
- Full open Airflow produces poor flavours.
- The user manual lacks certain guidelines for coil positioning.
Differences between Dead Rabbit V2 RTA and Dead Rabbit RTA
Hellvape Dead Rabbit V2 RTA is an improved version of the Hellvape Dead Rabbit RTA. It has the most recent technological configuration to outperform the industry’s leading vape tanks for better and more flavourful flavours.
Despite the fact that the standard configuration includes a 5ML capacity bubble glass and a more subtle appearance, the Dead Rabbit V2 is virtually unsuitable without a high-wattage vaping device.
Rabbit Ear Deck for Improved Coil Handling
The signature design of the Dead Rabbit vape atomizer is the distinctive ‘Rabbit Ear’ build deck, and the latest post style has a unique ‘Rabbit Ear’ to instal coils with ease. The original Dead Rabbit RTA has a T-shaped deck with four post holes (round holes), whereas the new V2 RTA has a Y-shaped ‘Rabbit Ear.’
Now that the raised angle post deck has a better understanding of coil placement with square post holes, where thicker coils can be used for comfort. Due to the ample room for fitting your wire cutter, you can simply use the trimming after you have placed the coils.
Improved Top Airflow Design
Both the Dead Rabbit V2 RTA and the Dead Rabbit RTA originally had top airflow adjustments, but what we see here is an improvement with the inner honeycomb airflow inside the V2 RTA, which is great for flavour and also improves performance without leaking e-liquid.
The airflow focuses on the flavours and leads the inlet to the coils. The airflow of V1 consists of two diagonal cutouts. Meanwhile, the newer tank has precise ventilation to the coil for greater vaping flavours. The improvement with Y-type posts is to support single or dual coil configurations.
The inner honeycomb airflow enhances flavour and improves performance without leaking e-liquid. It is an enhancement with a Y-type post that allows for single or dual coil configurations. The airflow concentrates the flavours while also assisting inlet to the coils.
Thermal Insulation for Heat Reduction
There are some heat issues from the previous design, which is not a good sign for the box mod to stay at its best for a long time. The new Dead Rabbit RTA V2 has improved insulation thanks to the installation of a PC Thermal Insulation Plate beneath the vape tank. It reduces heat and makes it a fraction less for not scratching the mod.
Top E-liquid Filling Mechanism
The Dead Rabbit V1 RTA has a rotating style for refilling, while the Dead Rabbit V2 RTA supports a push style refiling mechanism that allows the top cap to twist and refill with ease. The procedure is simple and convenient to keep the vaping experience alive.
Specs of Dead Rabbit V2 RTA
- Size: 25mm diameter RTA
- Material: Stainless Steel Tank Construction.
- Included Large Glass Section: 5ML Capacity with Bubble Glass
- Included TDP Glass Section: 2ML Capacity with Straight Glass
- Top Fill: Sliding Top-Fill Mechanism
- Deck: Dual Post Build Deck and Conical Flavour Chamber
- Airflow: Dual Slotted Top Airflow Control Ring
- Drip Tip: 810 Drip Tip
- Coil: Single and Dual Coil
- Thread: 510 Pin for 510 Thread.
Included Accessories in the Box
- One Dead Rabbit V2 RTA
- Two Glass Section for E-Liquid.
- One 5ML Bubble Glass
- One 2ML Straight Glass
- Accessory Bag
- Spare O-Rings, Screws and Fill Port Gasket
- Screwdriver and Allen Key
- Dead Rabbit Sticker
- User Manual.
Pros and Cons of Dead Rabbit V2 RTA
- Push-to-open Refilling mechanism for E-Liquid.
- Adjustable Honeycomb Airflow path for flavours
- Now an improved Y-type deck for Single and Dual Coil configurations.
- PC thermal insulation plate to reduce the temperature of the mod.
- Improved E-Juice capacity with 5ML Bubble Tank.
- Stiff Airflow ring but workable.
I can tell that the newer version has some advantages and improvements. You can see the difference in the Airflow Channel, E-liquid Filling Mechanism, Thermal Insulation for Heat Reduction, Rabbit Ear Deck for Improved Coil Handling, and reduced size compared to the original edition.
Once you’ve coupled with the new post deck, I believe you’ll have more flexibility in coil position and wicking style. When properly wicked with e-liquids, the V2 is a joy to vape, with robust flavours to have a smooth and burnt flavour.
Overall, the Dead Rabbit V2 improves on the Dead Rabbit First RTA in terms of flavours, experience with a new deck that allows for a variety of configurations for coils, and adjustable airflow options make you feel the wide range of e-liquids at every wattage level.