Advanced users are always looking for compact TC vape mods that are compatible with sub-ohm tanks, and that is what the Geek Vape Aegis X is all about; You have got a powerful 200Watt vape mod that meets both requirements, and it has a safety design, so there is no worry about accidental drops.
The Aegis X is a sturdy, well-made, and well-designed vape mod with a similar tactical appearance to the Aegis Legend. That was is the previous king of variable mods. If you’re looking for vape mods that are more powerful than your typical pod vape or starter kit, then you’re in the right place.
Geek Vape Aegis X
The Geek Vape Aegis X 200W TC Box Mod is a well-designed vaping box mod with an IP67 rating, which is used for dust and water prevention to not affect the Aegis X’s electronics and hardware. Geek Vape made it with the right ingredients to fill the needs of starters and already evolved vapers to have a well-designed box mod for daily drive.
The Aegis X 200W retains all the next-level shock absorbency and the ability to withstand damp and dirty environments with its tried and true Aegis design. The Aegis X is constructed with a zinc alloy frame, advanced LSR injection moulding technology, ergonomic soft-grip, and a carbon steel battery door cover.
The battery section is bottom-loaded, allowing for easy installation of dual high-amp 18650 batteries via a hinged lock mechanism for proper security. The rocker-inspired firing button provides user-friendly operation, and the huge 2.4 inch (6.1 cm) full-colour OLED display screen creates organised and stylish informational readouts.
The Aegis X’s upgraded AS 2.0 Chipset provides a maximum wattage output of 200W and several output modes, including Power, Wattage, VPC, TC-TCR, and Bypass modes. The AS 2.0 Chipset also boasts all-new balanced battery charging capabilities should you be out and about and unable to use your stand-alone battery charger.
The great compact design offers improved chassis strength and a visually striking exterior in a manner that prevents dust, water, and accidental falls and drops from affecting the functionality. In all regards, IP67 protection is sought out and makes the Aegis X a rugged and durable mod.
If you’re a starter and looking for a long term value mod. I can tell, the Aegis X starter kit lets you utilise a useful temperature control suite and unlocks the ability to utilise nickel, titanium, or stainless steel coils with ease.
Its 200W powerful vaping kit, powering directly from a dual high amp 18650 battery layout, does not compromise on power. In regards, individual user preferences may vary, but what you choose is the best vape mod for vaping your desired juice from a variety of colourful, rich-tasting vape juices.
Aegis X Specifications
- Size and dimensions: 90 × 31.3x 56.1 mm
- Screen: 2.4 inch (ca. 6 cm) Colour OLED Display
- Voltage input: 6.2-8.4 volts
- Voltage range: 0.1 to 12 volts
- Power output: 5-200 watts
- Resistance range: 0.05ohm to 3.0ohm is the resistance range.
- Charging requirements: 5V/2A charging requirement
- Temperature range: 100-315 degrees Celsius / 200-600 degrees Fahrenheit
- Working temperature: -10 °C to 45 °C
- Temperature alarm for PCBA: 80 °C PCBA temperature ranges
- Battery requirements: Dual-18650 battery powers the device.
- Standby current: The standby current is less than 10uA.
GeekVape Aegis X Pros and Cons
- The 2.4 inch (6.1 cm) OLED screen is large and vivid.
- Supports all variable wattage, VV, TC, and other power modes.
- It has a protective rubber coating for a soft grip and IP67 dust resistance.
- Runs on constant wattage with fixed output.
- Comes with pre-installed Sub Ohm Tanks: (5.5ml Cerberus or 5ml Zeus Tank).
- It has Coil resistance, a Puff counter and many other smart features.
- Provide Airflow adjustments and have upgraded AS Chipsets.
- The overall design is similar to Aegis Legend.
- A large screen requires more care.
- Screen scratches easily unless you have a protective coating on top.
- The low profile drip-tip is nice but not great.
Aegis X Best Settings and Usage
The Geek Vape Aegis X has a lot to offer, including a slim design that fits perfectly in your palm. If you already own an Aegis Legend, you will notice no difference in the design other than the weights. The Aegis X feels slightly lighter in the hand and grips very firmly as it is constructed from Zinc alloy construction.
New and upgraded AS 2.0 Chipset has high-performance VPC, TC, TCR and Bypass Modes. You can check each mode’s settings for the best performance. Get into the Geek Vape Aegis X’s menu system and navigate to the things.
All settings are on the home screen, with the clicks fire and adjustment buttons you will be scrolled through all the GeekVape power mods and settings. There is a standard safety procedure to click the fire button five times to turn on the vape mod to ensure the safety of accidental damage.
However, the button combination is excellent. Once it is powered up, you need to click the fire button three times to enter the mode’s selection menu. The display will change colours according to the settings, and you will be able to programme memory modes by pressing the (plus) + or – (minus) buttons.
In terms of usage, all you have to do is stick with mode selection for pretty much everything you have done with Aegis X. The mod section lets you fully utilise the GeekVape Aegis X for cool customizations and increased vapour productions for cloud puffs.
Geek Vape Aegis X Power Modes
There are multiple settings for power mods, and all of them are included in the mode’s menu for selection. You can store up to five different profiles from M1 to M5 for the customization of Power Wattage Control, and Temperature Control (TC) for a variety of mesh coils, such as SS, Ni, Ti, and TCR.
Besides that, there is a variable power curve (VPC) and Bypass mode that will give you extra settings for advanced vaping. Lastly, you have Auto Power Mode options that allow you to enjoy vaping without any selection for ease of use.
Features of Aegis X Geek Vape Box Mod
- The 2.4 inches (6.1 centimetres) OLED is intuitive and features a full-colour display.
- IP67 Water Resistance and Dustproof provides long term usability.
- Rubberized material on top of a hard shell feels premium soft and firm grip while also being shockproof.
- There is a spring-loaded gold-plated 510 connection for the choice of atomizers.
- For ease and quick response, there are rocker-style firing buttons on the front.
- On a daily course, Geek Vape designed Aegis X with multiple protections.
- This includes Short-Circuit Protection, Over Heating Protection, Charges, and Discharge Protections.
- Besides that, there is reverse polarity protection for dual 18650 batteries.
Final Thoughts and Conclusions
The Geek Vape Aegis X 200W TC Box Mod is a flagship vape mod powered from dual 18650 batteries for all advanced settings and customizable temperature controls (TC). It lets you hit dry and burnt with consistency while modifying the power wattage from power mods.
For advanced vapers, it is an ideal box mod that allows temperature control ranges from 200 to 600 degrees Fahrenheit (315.56 °C), sufficient for most vapers need without being overbearing. If you are in the market for a good vape mod that does everything, then you can have Geek Vape Aegis X 200W for powerful variable wattage modes.
It can provide flexibility on temperature control when using nickel, stainless steel, and titanium coils. It also has certain safety features that will provide short circuits, overcharge, overheating, over-current protection and cut-off power for 10-seconds to prevent any damage.
If you are going to live with Aegis X, it will be a dominant IP67 waterproof, dirt-proof and waterproof vape mod with a beautiful colour display. It will generate up to 200W of output and be responsive to your clicks. In all the testing, it stands durable and powerful with a slew of power mode features.